- 25 billion injections are required annually to effectively treat diabetes worldwide.
- Every 10 seconds, two people develop diabetes.
- Each year, 7 million new cases of diabetes are diagnosed around the world.
- Diabetes affects 250 million people around the world, up from 30 million people just 20 years ago.
- Type I Diabetics take 3 - 4 shots each day
- 25% of diabetics requires 1.5 injections daily.
- 54 billion injections annually are predicted by 2030.
- 13% of people ages 65 to 74 report medical disabilities
so severe they experience difficulty leaving the house.
- In the next two decades, there will be more than 70 million people over the age of 65.
- The average life expectancy has increased 15 years since the 1930's.
- Nearly one out of every four U.S. households provides care to a relative or friend aged 50 or older and about 15 percent of adults care for a seriously ill or disabled family member.
These statistics point to more used sharps requiring proper disposal. We are working on safe, environmentally friendly solutions.
More sharps use at home and in public could lead to more potentiallly biohazardous used sharps entering the common waste stream. This can lead to increased accidental needle stick injuries for sanitation workers and the unsuspecting public. That's why we are working to create cost-effective, safe and environmentally friendly solutions to help with proper disposal at home.
Although many medical advances in the miniaturization and
portability of medical equipment have been made, innovations
in the management of potentially infectious medical waste produced
from home healthcare have not been adequately addressed until
The Demolizer technology is
ideally suited to provide in-home healthcare professionals and self-injectors
a safe, simple and secure means of disposing and processing
medical waste at the point of generation. Currently under development,
the Demolizer home healthcare system will better meet
the specific demands of this growing market.